List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 1 2007 6:16am
Subject:Re: linking mysql++ 2.3.2
View as plain text
Joe Hudson wrote:
> /usr/local/include/mysql++/common.h:157: error: 'MYSQL_FIELD' does not name
> a type

I don't see how you can get this error without an earlier one
complaining that one of the MySQL C API headers couldn't be found.
Regardless, it probably means the directory containing those files isn't
in your #include path.  How you set that up in Eclipse is something
you'll have to figure out; I've only used Eclipse briefly, and it was
for PIC microcontrollers, not very high on the list of popular
deployment platforms for MySQL++.

> (I'm using multiple threads and don't want to define a seperate SSQLS for
> each thread or put a lock on the .table(str) method between each insert., if
> that makes any sense..)

Um, no, can't say it does make sense.  SSQLS::table() returns a
reference to const char*, and the only reason it isn't char* const
instead is because you might want to change the table name _once_ if the
SSQLS has a different name than the table it belongs to.  If you do need
that change, it can happen while only a single thread is running, so
there's no chance for a race condition.

Unless, I suppose, you're doing something weird like reusing one SSQLS
for multiple tables just because they share the same structure.  That's
just lazy.  One table per SSQLS, one SSQLS per table.

> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> Wdbaccesstypes::equity_row::names

You've defined MYSQLPP_SSQLS_NO_STATICS globally instead of defining it
for all modules but one.  That leaves two statics undefined per SSQLS.

Unfortunately, the complete consequences of this macro were only
documented here on the mailing list until recently.  It's documented in
what will be the v3 user manual (section 5.5, ATM) if you want to check
out the svn version and build it....
Thread
linking mysql++ 2.3.2Joe Hudson1 Dec
  • Re: linking mysql++ 2.3.2Warren Young1 Dec
    • Re: linking mysql++ 2.3.2Joe Hudson1 Dec
      • Re: linking mysql++ 2.3.2Warren Young3 Dec
        • Re: linking mysql++ 2.3.2Joe Hudson4 Dec
          • Re: linking mysql++ 2.3.2Warren Young4 Dec
            • Re: linking mysql++ 2.3.2Joe Hudson7 Dec
              • Re: linking mysql++ 2.3.2Warren Young7 Dec