List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 28 2007 10:46am
Subject:Re: Is method "const ColData Row::at(size_type i) const" leaking
memory?
View as plain text
Thunder0 wrote:
> Actually I have re-done that to be completely sure, and the segmentation
> fault occurred again.

Weird.

If you're still interested in pursuing it, would you try the stuff in
svn?  I've done a few things recently which _may_ change what you're seeing.

One is the way ResUse/Result handles its memory.  It was very tricksy,
and while I'm fairly sure it was still correct, I can see how it could
leak in the "right" circumstances.

Another is that ColData's memory management has been totally redesigned
in v3, so it's possible that there was a real bug but it got
accidentally killed by collateral damage, instead of on purpose.

Yet other possibility is that Connection now provides thread_end(): call
it from each thread that uses MySQL++ to release the per-thread memory
allocated by the C API library.  If you weren't already calling
mysql_thread_end() (which this just wraps), you should be seeing a
"leak" here, but it's not what you're reporting, so I don't see that
this is on point here.  More details on this issue and why I put "leak"
in quotes here:

	http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/#memleak

What's in svn right now is my work towards v3, and it's a major upgrade,
so don't do this if you can't afford to change your code to make it
compatible.  None of the API changes in MySQL++ v3 are gratuitous, so
it's possible your code will work without changes, but I wouldn't bet on
it.  There's just too much that's different now.
Thread
Is method "const ColData Row::at(size_type i) const" leaking memory?Thunder021 Nov
  • Re: Is method "const ColData Row::at(size_type i) const" leakingmemory?Warren Young22 Nov
Re: Is method "const ColData Row::at(size_type i) const" leaking memory?Thunder026 Nov
  • Re: Is method "const ColData Row::at(size_type i) const" leakingmemory?Warren Young26 Nov
    • Re: Is method "const ColData Row::at(size_type i) const" leaking memory?Graham Reitz27 Nov
      • Re: Query object seg. faults on destruction...Graham Reitz27 Nov
        • Re: Query object seg. faults on destruction...Warren Young27 Nov
          • Re: Query object seg. faults on destruction...Graham Reitz27 Nov
            • Re: Query object seg. faults on destruction...Warren Young27 Nov
              • Re: Query object seg. faults on destruction...Graham Reitz28 Nov
Re: Is method "const ColData Row::at(size_type i) const" leaking memory?Thunder027 Nov
  • Re: Is method "const ColData Row::at(size_type i) const" leakingmemory?Warren Young27 Nov
Re: Is method "const ColData Row::at(size_type i) const" leaking memory?Thunder028 Nov
  • Re: Is method "const ColData Row::at(size_type i) const" leakingmemory?Warren Young28 Nov