List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 15 2007 9:42pm
Subject:Re: Many Linker Errors attempting to build mysqlpp.dll VS2005 on
winXP pro 64-bit
View as plain text
John Landrum wrote:

>   Creating library Debug\mysqlpp.lib and object Debug\mysqlpp.exp
> vallist.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
> referenced in function "public: void __thiscall

The linker can't find the MySQL C API library.  Your path fiddling
apparently wasn't done correctly.  A guess: the server is installed in

	E:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0

not

	E:\Program Files\MySQL\My SQL Server 5.0

It's MySQL, not "My SQL".  :)
Thread
Many Linker Errors attempting to build mysqlpp.dll VS2005 on winXP pro 64-bitJohn Landrum15 Nov
  • Re: Many Linker Errors attempting to build mysqlpp.dll VS2005 onwinXP pro 64-bitWarren Young15 Nov