List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Landrum Date:November 15 2007 8:27pm
Subject:Many Linker Errors attempting to build mysqlpp.dll VS2005 on winXP pro 64-bit
View as plain text
I'm attempting to build the project included with the mysql++ 2.3.2
release on a XP 64 bit machine using Visual Studio 2005.
I have already installed MySQL 5.0.
I have changed all references to the correct folder for it E:\Program
Files\MySQL\My SQL Server 5.0\ etc etc etc.
On attempting to build, more than one project fails however I believe
the root of the rest of the failures probably stems from the failure
of this main mysqlpp.dll.

I couldn't attach all the linker errors because it made the email too
big there are 317 of them
but I think you can see a pattern in these but it doesn't make any
sense to me someone else
might know what it means. I think most of the .obj files there just
show up over and over again.
Then you have the same symbol repeat for them then another symbol
repeating for them etc.
Here is a very small portion of my massive list of linker errors. And
thanks for any help. I
have looked at other linker problems in the list and didn't see
anything similar to this.
I'm afraid it might be something to do with the 64 bit version of
MySQL or the OS but I really hope not.

------ Rebuild All started: Project: mysqlpp, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'mysqlpp',
configuration 'Debug|Win32'
Compiling...
coldata.cpp
connection.cpp
datetime.cpp
field_names.cpp
field_types.cpp
fields.cpp
manip.cpp
myset.cpp
mysql++.cpp
qparms.cpp
query.cpp
result.cpp
row.cpp
sql_string.cpp
string_util.cpp
transaction.cpp
type_info.cpp
vallist.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling manifest to resources...
Linking...
  Creating library Debug\mysqlpp.lib and object Debug\mysqlpp.exp
vallist.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
referenced in function "public: void __thiscall
mysqlpp::Connection::close(void)" (?close@Connection@mysqlpp@@QAEXXZ)
row.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
sql_string.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
transaction.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
type_info.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
mysql++.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
qparms.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
query.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
result.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
field_types.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
fields.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
manip.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
myset.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
coldata.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
connection.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
datetime.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
field_names.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4
vallist.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_error@4
referenced in function "public: char const * __thiscall
mysqlpp::Connection::error(void)"
(?error@Connection@mysqlpp@@QAEPBDXZ)

--
--John 8:32