List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Martin Date:November 8 2007 10:33pm
Subject:Re: Issues with multi-queries
View as plain text
OK, to keep things as simple as possible I have modified my example, and am
getting the same results.  I went back to the original 2.3.2 release
multiquery.cpp file and detailed the 6 changes I made below, along with the
relevant code snippets.

The results:
- connection dies EVERY TIME on the second go-around of the loop.
- with 'Sleep(200)' not commented out the connection dies ALWAYS after 1-40
iterations

I think this eliminates the original changes I made as the culprit and
points out the problem.  Whether its the connector or database I don't know.
Again I think maybe the database is not ready for the next query as maybe a
thread is still active and the function returns too soon.  I also think its
not noticed with the screen output turned off as this slows execution down
just enough.

Any ideas that I can try I welcome... I'm just trying to figure out why its
happening.

PS Thanks for the reply Maarten but I don't think that's the problem since I
am reusing the same connection and it dies long before 100.

Paul

CHANGES TO multiquery.cpp:

1. Comment out 4 lines starting with 'print_result' in the
'print_multiple_results' function (to kill screen printing)
2. Put 'for(;;){' below 'Query query = con.query();' in main (start of
forever loop)
3. Commented out 'cout << "Multi-query: '... line after the query is built
(again to kill screen printing)
4. Added 'cout << "success\n";' after the 'print_multiple_results(query);'
line (to indicate a successful query)
5. Added '//Sleep(200);' on the next line (for testing)
6. Put '}' on next line (end of forever loop)

Code #1:
static void

print_multiple_results(Query& query)

{

      try {

            // Execute query and print all result sets

            Result res = query.store();

            /*          print_result(res, 0);

            for (int i = 1; query.more_results(); ++i) {

                  res = query.store_next();

                  print_result(res, i);

            }*/

      }

      catch (Exception& err) {

            // Something bad happened....

            cerr << "Multi-query failure: " << err.what() << endl;

            exit(1);

      }

}

Code #2:

// Set up query with multiple queries.

      Query query = con.query();

      for(;;){

      query << "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS test_table;" << endl <<

                  "CREATE TABLE test_table(id INT);" << endl <<

                  "INSERT INTO test_table VALUES(10);" << endl <<

                  "UPDATE test_table SET id=20 WHERE id=10;" << endl <<

                  "SELECT * FROM test_table;" << endl <<

                  "DROP TABLE test_table" << endl;

      //cout << "Multi-query: " << endl << query.preview() <<
endl;

      // Execute statement and display all result sets.

      print_multiple_results(query);

      cout << "success\n";

      //Sleep(200);}

      }