List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Maarten Schrijvers Date:November 8 2007 11:22am
Subject:Re: Issues with multi-queries
View as plain text
This might be of interest for your problem. I noticed MySQL has a system
variable for max_connections:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/too-many-connections.html

2007/11/8, Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped>:

> Paul Martin wrote:
> > My point is not to debug my own code,
>
> Are you certain that it isn't bugs in your code that are causing the
> problem, then?
>
> This is the first message I remember seeing on this list in the 2+ years
> we've supported multiqueries that suggests that they just don't work.
> Either you're the first to really use them, or your code has a bug.
>
> > The endl's are used because the original multiquery example used them.
>
> Ah.  We had them in there only to make the preview() calls prettier.
> I've removed them.
>
> > I've just modified a simple example to show it break.
>
> You haven't "shown" anything.  You've just stated that "this is the
> case" with no proof.  What you posted doesn't compile and run, and
> neither I nor probably anyone else is going to take the time to change
> it until it does break, if only because you can't prove that something
> _doesn't_ happen.  It's up to you to prove that it _does_.
>
> You have to meet us more than halfway on this.  We're unpaid volunteers.
>
> > I suppose I could use the sample db but that might not behave the same.
>
> I addressed this in my previous email: if it doesn't behave the same,
> that tells you something interesting and useful.  It's a legitimate
> troubleshooting step, totally separate from the matter of making it
> convenient for people to test things for you on their machines.
>
> > I have a feeling the engine isn't ready for another call for a short
> > time,
>
> Some of the biggest sites on the net run on MySQL.  These sites see
> normal loads of thousands of queries per second, and I assure you, they
> don't have magic delays between every query.  If that were necessary,
> MySQL wouldn't have achieved its present popularity, and even if it had,
> MySQL++ would either do this internally for you or tell you to do it in
> the user manual.
>
> > It looks like there may be a memory leak issue as well,
>
>        http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/#memleak

Issues with multi-queriesPaul Martin7 Nov
  • Re: Issues with multi-queriesWarren Young7 Nov
  • Re: Issues with multi-queriesPaul Martin7 Nov
    • Re: Issues with multi-queriesWarren Young7 Nov
  • Re: Issues with multi-queriesPaul Martin8 Nov
    • Re: Issues with multi-queriesWarren Young8 Nov
      • Re: Issues with multi-queriesMaarten Schrijvers8 Nov
  • Re: Issues with multi-queriesPaul Martin8 Nov
    • Re: Issues with multi-queriesWarren Young10 Nov
  • Re: Issues with multi-queriesPaul Martin10 Nov
    • Re: Issues with multi-queriesWarren Young10 Nov
  • RE: Issues with multi-queriesIan Daysh12 Nov
    • Re: Issues with multi-queriesWarren Young13 Nov