List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 7 2007 8:57pm
Subject:Re: Issues with multi-queries
View as plain text
Paul Martin wrote:
> I cant attach b/c of size limits on this list,

Actually, I think the list just strips all attachments.  Just paste the
code inline instead.

If you are in fact pasting it inline and not attaching it, and it's
really so big that it hits the list's size limit, you need to boil it
down to something much simpler.  No one's going to want to wade through
a huge program to tease the MySQL++ bits apart from everything else.

> 1. 'Lost Connection to the MySQL Server' This seems to happen quite
> often, and I can make it happen more frequently by limiting the time
> between queries.  In my program I have a multi-query with about
> 50-100 mostly updates being executed every 3 secs or so.  It will run
> fine for hours and then I get this message.  I have added some code
> to reconnect, which seems to help in most cases but not all.  I have
> seen a post about a similar problem on the mailing list.  I have
> noticed the same problem with my modded multiquery app, depending on
> the value I give the 'Sleep' function.

I'd need to see the code, but my wild guess is that you're doing
something to annoy the underlying MySQL C API library.  It has limits on
what it allows, when.

> I am pretty sure that I have a memory leak

I've added a FAQ item on this topic:

	http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/#memleak
Thread
Issues with multi-queriesPaul Martin7 Nov
  • Re: Issues with multi-queriesWarren Young7 Nov
  • Re: Issues with multi-queriesPaul Martin7 Nov
    • Re: Issues with multi-queriesWarren Young7 Nov
  • Re: Issues with multi-queriesPaul Martin8 Nov
    • Re: Issues with multi-queriesWarren Young8 Nov
      • Re: Issues with multi-queriesMaarten Schrijvers8 Nov
  • Re: Issues with multi-queriesPaul Martin8 Nov
    • Re: Issues with multi-queriesWarren Young10 Nov
  • Re: Issues with multi-queriesPaul Martin10 Nov
    • Re: Issues with multi-queriesWarren Young10 Nov
  • RE: Issues with multi-queriesIan Daysh12 Nov
    • Re: Issues with multi-queriesWarren Young13 Nov