List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Anderson Date:October 24 2007 4:10am
Subject:Memory management using Res and Row
View as plain text
My application establishes a connection at the beginning of processing,
then uses that connection to do several thousand operations involving
reading and updating stored data.  I use the Query, Result and Row
objects.  When the application exits, I seem to have a lot of
un-released memory (leaks) that appear to be holding items read from the
database during processing.  The manual indicates that a ResUse object
contains a purge() method to release the resources held by the object,
but I can't seem to find similar methods for Result, Row or Query.  Do
such methods exist?  If not, how is this allocated memory freed?

Memory management using Res and RowGary Anderson24 Oct
  • Re: Memory management using Res and RowWarren Young24 Oct