List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Anderson Date:October 24 2007 4:10am
Subject:Memory management using Res and Row
View as plain text
My application establishes a connection at the beginning of processing,
then uses that connection to do several thousand operations involving
reading and updating stored data.  I use the Query, Result and Row
objects.  When the application exits, I seem to have a lot of
un-released memory (leaks) that appear to be holding items read from the
database during processing.  The manual indicates that a ResUse object
contains a purge() method to release the resources held by the object,
but I can't seem to find similar methods for Result, Row or Query.  Do
such methods exist?  If not, how is this allocated memory freed?

Gary

Thread
Memory management using Res and RowGary Anderson24 Oct
  • Re: Memory management using Res and RowWarren Young24 Oct