List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:October 20 2007 6:51am
Subject:Re: Problems Compiling, SUSE 9 GCC 4.2.2
View as plain text
Ouellette_Brad@stripped wrote:
> gcc 4.2.2 is installed in /usr/local/gcc2

[snip]

> -L/usr/lib64

It seems unlikely to me that your nonstandard compiler also built all
the libraries in /usr/lib64.  GCC's ABI has changed several times over
the past few years, so there's a pretty good chance that you can't mix
these builds.

Also, are you sure you need 64-bit support on the _client_?  I
understand running a 64-bit server, but if you're on an EM64T type
system, 32-bit is probably simpler and faster.
Thread
Problems Compiling, SUSE 9 GCC 4.2.2Ouellette_Brad19 Oct
  • Re: Problems Compiling, SUSE 9 GCC 4.2.2Warren Young20 Oct