List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Sevier Date:September 27 2007 5:00pm
Subject:Table() returns null
View as plain text
Hi,

I managed to solve my problem with the libraries not building properly
by adding in some additional includes into my program. So, now at
least I can connect to my database.

But now I'm having a new problem. One of the things I need to be able
to do for my program is get metadata on the table that I'm pulling
information from.

So I added in this code, based on some of the examples:

Query query = con.query();
String QueryString = "select * from diagnostics";

query << QueryString.cString();

Result res = query.store();
// Query::store() executes the query and returns the results

lprintf("Records Found: %d\n", res.size() );

std::string TableName = res.table();

lprintf("%s:\n", TableName);

for (unsigned int i = 0; i < res.names().size(); i++)
{
String FieldName = res.names(i).c_str();
String SQLType = res.types(i).sql_name();
int Length = res.types(i).length();

lprintf(" Field Name: %s\n", FieldName);
lprintf(" SQL Type: %s\n", SQLType);
lprintf(" Max Length: %d\n\n", Length);
}

return 0;

This works for the most part. Except that I always get (Null) returned for
the Table Name and 0 for the length of the field.

Here's the output:
Records Found: 889
(null):
Field Name: system
SQL Type: VARCHAR NOT NULL
Max Length: 0

Field Name: plane
SQL Type: VARCHAR NOT NULL
Max Length: 0

Field Name: date
SQL Type: DATE NOT NULL
Max Length: 0

Field Name: problem
SQL Type: CHAR NOT NULL
Max Length: 0

I haven't found anything in the documentation that really helps me here.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

David

Thread
Table() returns nullDavid Sevier27 Sep
  • Re: Table() returns nullWarren Young28 Sep