List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jack Monflower Date:September 26 2007 9:30am
Subject:query does not affect database
View as plain text
Hello,

I am trying to add a row to a database.
Connection goes fine (I check if connect returns false, and it does not).
I use the following simple code:

if (!conn.connect("mydb", "localhost", "root", ""))
{
        cerr<<"could not connect to database. Check databa
ngs."<<endl;
       return 0;
}

try {
        Transaction trans(Configuration::conn());
        Query query = Configuration::conn().query();

        user row(userId, userName.c_str());

        query.insert(row);
        query.execute();
        query.reset();
        trans.commit();
}

catch (const Exception& er) {
        cerr<<er.what()<<endl;

        return 0;
}

cerr<<"user added."<<endl;

Everything goes well, compilation as well execution, and the program exits
with the message "user added". Still, when I check if anything was added to
the database, I see no new rows.

I followed the "xaction.cpp" example, I don't think I missed anything (?)

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Jack.

Thread
query does not affect databaseJack Monflower26 Sep
  • RE: query does not affect databaseJim Wallace26 Sep
  • Re: query does not affect databaseWarren Young26 Sep
    • Re: query does not affect databaseJack Monflower27 Sep