List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Ro Date:September 25 2007 10:49pm
Subject:Re: no version information available
View as plain text
Hi,

I found what could be the problem. Apparently, I have to link any SQL
programs against a library in /usr/local/lib64 instead of /usr/lib64.
I tried using the --with-mysql-lib=/usr/local/lib64/mysql
--with-mysql-include=/usr/local/include, but this still does not help, and
when running the executable I still get the error about /usr/lib64. Any
ideas how can I make mysql++ compile with the libraries in /usr/local/lib64?

Thanks,

Jerry.

> Jerry Ro wrote:
> >
> > mysqlclient14-4.1.14-4.2
> > mysqlclient10-devel-3.23.58-9.2
> > mysqlclient14-devel-4.1.14-4.2
> > mysqlclient10-3.23.58-9.2
> >
> > This means that for some reason, I have two development packages for
> mysql
> > installed.
>
> Not good.  Uninstall _both_ of them, then reinstall the one you need.
>
> But also...
>
> > ./main.o: /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15: no version information
>
> ...this says you have at least two problems, not one.  Somehow you have
> an ABI version 15 MySQL library on the system, too.  I think if you say:
>
>        $ rpm -qa |grep -i mysql
>
> you will find that there are more than just two copies of MySQL on the
> system.
>
> In short, you have a mess.
>
> Maybe you've been in the habit of passing the --force or --nodeps flags
> to rpm?  If so, stoppit.  :)
>
> You can have as many MySQL client libraries on your system as you want
> (for compatibility), but you should have only one set of development
> files, and one server version.  And if you don't need the broader binary
> compatibility, I'd keep it to just one client library version, too.
>
> The whole 32 vs. 64 bit thing probably isn't helping, either, but since
> I've not yet had a reason to move to 64 bits, I cannot advise further.

no version information availableJerry Ro19 Sep
  • Re: no version information availableWarren Young19 Sep
    • Re: no version information availableJerry Ro19 Sep
      • Re: no version information availableWarren Young20 Sep
        • Re: no version information availableJerry Ro21 Sep
          • Re: no version information availableWarren Young22 Sep
            • Re: no version information availableJerry Ro23 Sep
              • Re: no version information availableWarren Young25 Sep
                • Re: no version information availableJonathan Wakely25 Sep
                • Re: no version information availableJerry Ro26 Sep
                  • Re: no version information availableWarren Young26 Sep
    • Re: no version information availableJerry Ro19 Sep