List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Ro Date:September 23 2007 7:01pm
Subject:Re: no version information available
View as plain text
Hi,

Thanks for the information. Verify seems to be working well. But when I
tried to see what exactly in installed there, I found something interesting:

$ rpm -qa | grep mysqlclient
mysqlclient14-4.1.14-4.2
mysqlclient10-devel-3.23.58-9.2
mysqlclient14-devel-4.1.14-4.2
mysqlclient10-3.23.58-9.2

This means that for some reason, I have two development packages for mysql
installed.
The error I get when compiling using -lmysqlpp -lmysqlclient is:

./main.o: /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15: no version information
available (required by /usr0/local/lib/libmysqlpp.so.2)

Could it be that I should use one package and not the other? I also have a
/usr/lib/mysql directory (as opposed to lib64). I couldn't get my executable
to use it, no matter what I tried.
I don't even know if lib64 is connected to one devel package and lib is
connected to the other. Could I have an unfixable installation of
mysqlclient and there is no way to work around this? I would install
libmysqlclient myself, but unfortunately I do not have access to that kind
of installation process (I cannot remove old installations from the
computer).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerr.

> Jerry Ro wrote:
> > I am not sure - what do you refer to as "package manager verification"?
>
> $ man rpm
> $ man dpkg
> $ man emerge
> $ man pkgadd
> $ man whateverpackagemanageryouareusing
>
> Search for "verify".  It will tell you how to ask the package manager to
> verify that the contents of the installed package have not changed.  If
> your particular OS's package manager doesn't have such a feature, my
> advice is to get a real OS. :)

no version information availableJerry Ro19 Sep
  • Re: no version information availableWarren Young19 Sep
    • Re: no version information availableJerry Ro19 Sep
      • Re: no version information availableWarren Young20 Sep
        • Re: no version information availableJerry Ro21 Sep
          • Re: no version information availableWarren Young22 Sep
            • Re: no version information availableJerry Ro23 Sep
              • Re: no version information availableWarren Young25 Sep
                • Re: no version information availableJonathan Wakely25 Sep
                • Re: no version information availableJerry Ro26 Sep
                  • Re: no version information availableWarren Young26 Sep
    • Re: no version information availableJerry Ro19 Sep