List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Sevier Date:September 21 2007 11:43pm
Subject:Re: Can't get a project to build in VC++
View as plain text
I am using Express perhaps that's the problem.

There isn't any errors above that, although from what a google search said,
that does look like the root problem. But since the examples work, I'm
thinking it's
not a problem with my install and more with some setting somewhere.

I guess I'll just dig through it some more. Or just give up and see if I can
get ODBC to work instead.

> David Sevier wrote:
> >
> > I built mysql++, did the install of the libraries, and tested the sample
> > code. Worked fine.
> >
> > I'm now trying to work on my own project using mysql++ and I get these
> > errors:
> > 1>c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 5.0\include\mysql_com.h(183) :
> error
> > C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'fd'
>
> Are you sure there aren't any errors above this?  Like, say, one
> complaining about winsock.h?  That would explain this error and the
> others.  If that's it, then you need to be sure your new projects are
> pointed to the Windows Platform SDK headers.  Don't ask me where that
> should be ... it depends on your local setup.
>
> If you're using one of the paid versions of Visual Studio, this is
> almost certainly not what's going on, as the paths should be set up
> correctly by the installer.  I'm also concerned that the examples work
> but your program doesn't; that would imply that the default paths are
> correct.  But, perhaps you are using Visual Studio Express, and have
> installed the separate Platform SDK in some way that, shall we say,
> results in uneven success.
>
> If that's not it, then I can only recommend you do what you already said
> you did: follow the README.vc instructions to the letter, and do a deep
> eyeball-diff of the examples project settings vs yours.
>
> > From what I can tell, it's a linking error of some sort.
>
> Ah, no.  All of the error numbers begin with 'C', which in the MS system
> always means a 'C'ompiler error.  Linker errors begin with 'L'.

David Sevier
Owner
Latent Knowledge
(858) 337-5948

Thread
Can't get a project to build in VC++David Sevier21 Sep
  • RE: Can't get a project to build in VC++Jim Wallace21 Sep
    • Re: Can't get a project to build in VC++David Sevier21 Sep
      • Re: Can't get a project to build in VC++David Sevier21 Sep
        • RE: Can't get a project to build in VC++Jim Wallace21 Sep
          • Re: Can't get a project to build in VC++David Sevier21 Sep
  • Re: Can't get a project to build in VC++Warren Young22 Sep
    • Re: Can't get a project to build in VC++David Sevier22 Sep
      • Re: Can't get a project to build in VC++Warren Young22 Sep