List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 21 2007 10:27pm
Subject:Re: Can't get a project to build in VC++
View as plain text
David Sevier wrote:

> I built mysql++, did the install of the libraries, and tested the sample
> code. Worked fine.
>
> I'm now trying to work on my own project using mysql++ and I get these
> errors:
> 1>c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 5.0\include\mysql_com.h(183) : error
> C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'fd'

Are you sure there aren't any errors above this?  Like, say, one
complaining about winsock.h?  That would explain this error and the
others.  If that's it, then you need to be sure your new projects are
pointed to the Windows Platform SDK headers.  Don't ask me where that
should be ... it depends on your local setup.

If you're using one of the paid versions of Visual Studio, this is
almost certainly not what's going on, as the paths should be set up
correctly by the installer.  I'm also concerned that the examples work
but your program doesn't; that would imply that the default paths are
correct.  But, perhaps you are using Visual Studio Express, and have
installed the separate Platform SDK in some way that, shall we say,
results in uneven success.

If that's not it, then I can only recommend you do what you already said
you did: follow the README.vc instructions to the letter, and do a deep
eyeball-diff of the examples project settings vs yours.

> From what I can tell, it's a linking error of some sort.

Ah, no.  All of the error numbers begin with 'C', which in the MS system
always means a 'C'ompiler error.  Linker errors begin with 'L'.
Thread
Can't get a project to build in VC++David Sevier21 Sep
  • RE: Can't get a project to build in VC++Jim Wallace21 Sep
    • Re: Can't get a project to build in VC++David Sevier21 Sep
      • Re: Can't get a project to build in VC++David Sevier21 Sep
        • RE: Can't get a project to build in VC++Jim Wallace21 Sep
          • Re: Can't get a project to build in VC++David Sevier21 Sep
  • Re: Can't get a project to build in VC++Warren Young22 Sep
    • Re: Can't get a project to build in VC++David Sevier22 Sep
      • Re: Can't get a project to build in VC++Warren Young22 Sep