List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Graham Reitz Date:September 10 2007 7:41pm
Subject:Connection object timeout question...
View as plain text
Are there any known issues with the Connection object timeout parameter?

Changing the timeout to 5 seconds results in a ~22 second timeout,
and a 22 second timeout results in a ~22 second timeout.  A 30 second
timeout results in a ~22 second timeout.   A 60 second timeout takes
~22 seconds to realize the IP address is bogus.

This might be something in the mysql c layer, but I thought I'd ask
either way.

m_connection(db_name.c_str(), tcp_ip_address.c_str(),
db_username.c_str(),
              db_password.c_str(), port_number, false, timeout)

Thread
SQLSMandy Llanes10 Sep
  • Re: SQLSGraham Reitz10 Sep
  • Re: SQLSWarren Young10 Sep
  • RE: SQLSJim Wallace10 Sep
    • Connection object timeout question...Graham Reitz10 Sep
      • Re: Connection object timeout question...Warren Young10 Sep
        • Re: Connection object timeout question...Graham Reitz10 Sep