List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 10 2007 1:40pm
Subject:Re: Didn't find the MySQL include dir
View as plain text
Valentine Rozental wrote:
> and ./configure couldn't find the mysqlclient library. I've fixed it by
> adding follow links in the /usr/lib
>
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      26 2007-09-09 10:32 libmysqlclient_r.so ->
> libmysqlclient_r.so.15.0.0
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      24 2007-09-09 10:31 libmysqlclient.so ->
> libmysqlclient.so.15.0.0
>
> The question: is it OK to fix it by this way?
>
> 2. the second problem during ./configure run is:
>
> checking for MySQL include directory... configure: error: Didn't find the
> MySQL include dir in '/usr/include/mysql /usr/local/include/mysql
> /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql /opt/mysql/include/mysql'
>
> I searched for mysql.h to locate mysql include directory, but did't find
> nothing.
>
> The question: how to get MySQL include files into my machine?

These two items are the same question.

I don't know what the Ubuntus call them, but it's traditional to have a
separate development package from the program itself.  On Red Hat type
systems, it would be mysql-devel.  This will have both the include files
and the plain *.so files.
Thread
Didn't find the MySQL include dirValentine Rozental9 Sep
  • Re: Didn't find the MySQL include dirWarren Young10 Sep