List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 4 2007 12:06pm
Subject:Re: Windows - install.bat and stuff
View as plain text
Efstratios Gavves wrote:
> Connection failed: Unknown MySQL server 'resetb'(11001)

You may be running exrun incorrectly.  My guess is that you're saying
something like this:

	exrun.bat resetdb resetdb servername username password

instead of:

	exrun.bat resetdb servername username password

> When you execute install.bat in command line, the only thing it says is:
> "install.bat works with [subdir]" There is nowhere in the Readme any
> refernces about a subdir.

MySQL++ comes from the Unix world, where this sort of usage message is
extremely common and well-understood.  It means that if you say:

	install.bat lib32

you will get:

	c:\mysql++
	c:\mysql++\include
	c:\mysql++\lib32
	c:\mysql++\lib32\debug
	c:\mysql++\lib32\release

> I dont understand the reason, why you have to declare the name of he
> subdir and it isn't produced automatically with a default name.

Because you might need to have multiple different library installs.  One
common reason is having both MinGW and Visual C++ installed.  Another I
hinted at above: 32 and 64-bit builds of the library.  There are still
others I can imagine.

It doesn't bother with all that for the include files, because those
should be the same for all build systems.
Thread
Windows - install.bat and stuffEfstratios Gavves29 Aug
  • Re: Windows - install.bat and stuffWarren Young30 Aug
    • Re: Windows - install.bat and stuffEfstratios Gavves31 Aug
Re: Windows - install.bat and stuffWarren Young4 Sep