List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 31 2007 8:28am
Subject:Re: std::vector of mysqlpp::Row
View as plain text
Yassin wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to store result rows in a vector, like this:

I don't believe it's possible to use this feature with raw Row objects
in v2.3.  It's meant to be used with SSQLS; see examples/custom1.cpp.

In MySQL++ v2.3, the Result object must outlive the Row objects that
come from it, but with storein(), the Result object only lasts as long
as the storein() call.  You avoid this limitation when using SSQLS
because the Row objects are temporary, only used to initialize the
SSQLSes; an SSQLS has nothing tying it to the Result object.

This limitation will go away in MySQL++ v3.0, but I think it's better to
use SSQLS anyway.
Thread
std::vector of mysqlpp::RowYassin30 Aug
  • Re: std::vector of mysqlpp::RowWarren Young31 Aug
    • Re: std::vector of mysqlpp::RowYassin31 Aug
      • Re: std::vector of mysqlpp::RowWarren Young4 Sep