List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 29 2007 11:45pm
Subject:Re: Produce Error Example
View as plain text
Mandy Llanes wrote:
> I want execute the example "examples/simple1.cpp"

Are you using the project files that shipped with MySQL++, or are you
trying to create your own?  If the latter, have you applied all the
settings changes mentioned in README.vc?

> Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_shutdown@8
> referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall
> mysqlpp::Connection::shutdown(void)"
> (?shutdown@Connection@mysqlpp@@QAE_NXZ) connection.obj

It means it can't find the MySQL C API library.  I hope it's not just
missing, because that would mean you ignored the advice Jim Wallace gave
to your previous post.  The alternative is that it's not where the
project settings expect it to be -- see README.vc -- or you've created
your own project file and haven't included it; again, see README.vc.

Thread
Produce Error ExampleMandy Llanes29 Aug
  • Re: Produce Error ExampleWarren Young30 Aug