List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 16 2007 8:20am
Subject:Re: SSQLSv2 design discussion
View as plain text
Joel Fielder wrote:
> Sorry, I wasn't actually particularly clear with the whole transform
> thing - it would need to be possible either at field level *or* object
> level.  LocaliseDate would therefore need std::string
> operator()(mysqlpp::Date& date) to be applied to each date field as it's
> bunged into the SSQLS, whereas an object transformer would have SQLStock
> operator()(mysqlpp::Row& row).

Perhaps you are overengineering it.  What's wrong with just subclassing
mysqlpp::Date and telling ssqlsxlat to use your subclass?  Every
assignment to it can run the text through your extra logic.
Thread
SSQLSv2 design discussionWarren Young15 Aug
  • Re: SSQLSv2 design discussionChris Frey15 Aug
    • Re: SSQLSv2 design discussionWarren Young16 Aug
      • Re: SSQLSv2 design discussionChris Frey16 Aug
  • RE: SSQLSv2 design discussionJoel Fielder15 Aug
    • RE: SSQLSv2 design discussionJoel Fielder15 Aug
      • Re: SSQLSv2 design discussionWarren Young16 Aug
        • RE: SSQLSv2 design discussionJoel Fielder17 Aug
    • Re: SSQLSv2 design discussionWarren Young16 Aug