List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Graham Reitz Date:August 15 2007 4:03pm
Subject:Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer template
View as plain text
Better yet, why not just use boost's TR1 implementation?

http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost_tr1.html

That way when the rest of the compilers come out with their TR1
implementations you aren't necessarily tied to boost.

Although, I think you should use boost to its fully extent, esp. the
header only libraries.

Thanks,
Graham

On Aug 15, 2007, at 9:47 AM, Robert Mecklenburg wrote:

> Warren Young writes:
>> Smart pointers are tricky, and automatic memory management is even
>> trickier, and I just created a template that does both.
>
> Joel Fielder writes:
>> I'd like to see use of Boost.
>
> It's also worth mentioning that the shared_ptr classes have been
> accepted for C++ Technical Report 1 and will be included in all future
> C++ compiler suites.  It is already in gcc 4.1.2.
>
> If you don't want to "rely" on boost (or the vendor compiler), you
> could probably just include the header in the mysql++ distro tarball.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Robert

Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateWarren Young15 Aug
  • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateChris Frey15 Aug
    • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateWarren Young16 Aug
  • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateAlex Burton15 Aug
    • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateWarren Young16 Aug
  • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateJoseph Artsimovich15 Aug
    • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateJonathan Wakely16 Aug
      • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateWarren Young16 Aug
        • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateJonathan Wakely18 Aug
          • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateJonathan Wakely18 Aug
          • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateWarren Young20 Aug
    • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateWarren Young16 Aug
  • RE: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateJoel Fielder15 Aug
    • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateWarren Young16 Aug
  • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateRobert Mecklenburg15 Aug
    • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateGraham Reitz15 Aug