List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 9 2007 6:20pm
Subject:Re: Using Result, Query::store, Query::store_next and Connection::opt_multi_statements
with INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE etc.
View as plain text
James Vanns wrote:

> Has something this major changed?

I also want to point out that this only affects the intersection of two
minorities:

a. Those that call Query::store() or use() with queries that can return
empty results instead of exec{ute}(), the proper call when you know in
advance that the result set will be empty.

b. Those that pay attention to Query::success() instead of method return
values or exceptions to detect errors.

This is why you're the first to report this, even though it happened in
v2.2.0, released over 7 months ago.

I am not saying you are wrong to report this, or wrong to write your
code in such a way that it falls into that intersection of two
minorities class, or that there is no bug.  But let's keep it in
perspective, shall we?  This is not a "major" problem.
Thread
Using Result, Query::store, Query::store_next andConnection::opt_multi_statements with INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE etc.James Vanns9 Aug
  • Re: Using Result, Query::store, Query::store_next and Connection::opt_multi_statementswith INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE etc.Warren Young9 Aug
  • Re: Using Result, Query::store, Query::store_next and Connection::opt_multi_statementswith INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE etc.Warren Young9 Aug
    • Re: Using Result, Query::store, Query::store_next andConnection::opt_multi_statements with INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE etc.James Vanns10 Aug
      • Re: Using Result, Query::store, Query::store_next andConnection::opt_multi_statements with INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE etc.James Vanns10 Aug
      • Re: Using Result, Query::store, Query::store_next and Connection::opt_multi_statementswith INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE etc.Warren Young10 Aug