List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 9 2007 12:01pm
Subject:Re: How to initialize mysqlpp::sql_tinyblob?
View as plain text
Graham Reitz wrote:
> How would you initialize password in the following SSQLS?
>
> sql_create_2(clients, 1, 2,
>                      unsigned int, client_id,
>             mysqlpp::sql_tinyblob, password)
>
> clients client;
> client.client_id = 1;
> client.password = ????;

I imagine you're using a BLOB type because you're keeping the password
in some sort of binary representation, so a straight assignment won't
work.  Perhaps you're using a hashing scheme and want to use the raw
binary form instead of a hexadecimal text representation.

If reconsidering the choice to use a binary representation isn't an
option, you can get by with this:

	ColData cd(ptr_to_data, bytes_in_data_block);
	client.password = cd;

All of the BLOB types as of v2.3 are typedefs for ColData.
Thread
multiple definitions of symbol linker error using sql_create_#Graham Reitz6 Aug
  • Re: multiple definitions of symbol linker error using sql_create_#William F. Dowling6 Aug
    • Re: multiple definitions of symbol linker error using sql_create_#Graham Reitz6 Aug
  • Re: multiple definitions of symbol linker error using sql_create_#Graham Reitz6 Aug
  • Re: multiple definitions of symbol linker error using sql_create_#Graham Reitz6 Aug
  • MYSQLPP problem in visual studio : mysqlpp.dll was not found !!!Cedrik Magis7 Aug
    • Re: MYSQLPP problem in visual studio : mysqlpp.dll was not found!!!Michael Nye7 Aug
      • RE: MYSQLPP problem in visual studio : mysqlpp.dll was not found !!!Jim Wallace7 Aug
        • RE: MYSQLPP problem in visual studio : mysqlpp.dll was not found !!!Ian Daysh7 Aug
          • RE: MYSQLPP problem in visual studio : mysqlpp.dll was not found !!!Jim Wallace7 Aug
            • RE: MYSQLPP problem in visual studio : mysqlpp.dll was not found !!!Ian Daysh7 Aug
            • How to initialize mysqlpp::sql_tinyblob?Graham Reitz8 Aug
              • Re: How to initialize mysqlpp::sql_tinyblob?Warren Young9 Aug
                • Re: How to initialize mysqlpp::sql_tinyblob?Graham Reitz11 Aug
        • RE: MYSQLPP problem in visual studio : mysqlpp.dll was not found !!!Cedrik Magis7 Aug