List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Nye Date:August 7 2007 8:59am
Subject:Re: MYSQLPP problem in visual studio : mysqlpp.dll was not found
!!!
View as plain text
  Hi Cedrik,

I too had this problem.  I think there is a number of fixes for the
problem, but the simple way I solved it was by including the .dll in the
location of the .exe.  In VS2005 this means that in the debug/release
folders within your program, and possibly in the main project folder
too.  I'm pretty sure you can setup the compile so it references to the
.dll location (or you might have to play with Windows not the compile to
do this) but couldn't be bothered exploring further after I found this
simple way out.

Michael.

Cedrik Magis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We've got a problem in the use of the mysqlpp library, when using it in our program
> and even with the example project mfc in visual studio (2005 professional edition). There
> is no problem in compiling, only when launching the .exe. We've got an error message :
> "This application has failed to start because mysqlpp.dll was not found.
> Re-installing the application may fix the problem."
>
> In our compiling options, the address of the mysqlpp.dll is correct (and, even it's
> obvious, myslpp.dll is present), if some has encountered the same problem or can help us
> to understand this, we will be grateful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cedrik and François

multiple definitions of symbol linker error using sql_create_#Graham Reitz6 Aug
  • Re: multiple definitions of symbol linker error using sql_create_#William F. Dowling6 Aug
    • Re: multiple definitions of symbol linker error using sql_create_#Graham Reitz6 Aug
  • Re: multiple definitions of symbol linker error using sql_create_#Graham Reitz6 Aug
  • Re: multiple definitions of symbol linker error using sql_create_#Graham Reitz6 Aug
  • MYSQLPP problem in visual studio : mysqlpp.dll was not found !!!Cedrik Magis7 Aug
    • Re: MYSQLPP problem in visual studio : mysqlpp.dll was not found!!!Michael Nye7 Aug
      • RE: MYSQLPP problem in visual studio : mysqlpp.dll was not found !!!Jim Wallace7 Aug
        • RE: MYSQLPP problem in visual studio : mysqlpp.dll was not found !!!Ian Daysh7 Aug
          • RE: MYSQLPP problem in visual studio : mysqlpp.dll was not found !!!Jim Wallace7 Aug
            • RE: MYSQLPP problem in visual studio : mysqlpp.dll was not found !!!Ian Daysh7 Aug
            • How to initialize mysqlpp::sql_tinyblob?Graham Reitz8 Aug
              • Re: How to initialize mysqlpp::sql_tinyblob?Warren Young9 Aug
                • Re: How to initialize mysqlpp::sql_tinyblob?Graham Reitz11 Aug
        • RE: MYSQLPP problem in visual studio : mysqlpp.dll was not found !!!Cedrik Magis7 Aug