List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 3 2007 11:54am
Subject:Re: Linker error in VC7 with mysql++ and std::string
View as plain text
Martin Dommermuth wrote:

> First I get 2 warnings:
> exceptions.h(44) : warning C4275: non dll-interface class 'exception' used
> as base
> 			 for dll-interface class 'mysqlpp::Exception'

The only way I can think of for that to happen is if you aren't using
the project files shipped with MySQL++.  Double click on mysql++.dsw and
accept each time it offers to convert a file to the current file format.

> Some sources on the net say, that VC is a bit hypersensitive here.

Yes, it is.  I know of no other tool chain that provides multiple
immiscible sets of its standard libraries.

> And could anyone enlighten me on the "__declspec(dllimport)" stuff?

Typical Microsoft brain damage?
Thread
Linker error in VC7 with mysql++ and std::stringMartin Dommermuth3 Aug
  • Re: Linker error in VC7 with mysql++ and std::stringWarren Young3 Aug
    • RE: Linker error in VC7 with mysql++ and std::string - solvedMartin Dommermuth14 Aug