List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zeddy Chirombe Date:August 2 2007 6:00pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Server 5.0.46 Package does not seem come with [ mysqlclient ]
View as plain text
> I don't understand.  What did you change, precisely?  I don't see how
> the configure script can succeed but the library build fail.  The
> configure script actually finds the library, so how does the build fail?

Here is the dialog - check in bellow, yet libz is located under
/usr/lib/mysql.
To get around this I and to specify -I//usr/lib/mysql -lz - everywhere libz
was needed for it to work. So, configure found the library but did not
record the path thus failed to locate it when trying to make the src. Hope
this helps.

--Thanks,
--Zeddy

[root@rusty mysql++-2.1.1]# ./configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib
--with-mysql-include=/usr/include/mysql
checking build system type... i686-redhat-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-redhat-linux-gnu
checking target system type... i686-redhat-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for ar... ar
checking for strip... strip
checking for nm... nm
checking if make is GNU make... yes
checking for dependency tracking method... gcc
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking zlib.h usability... no
checking zlib.h presence... no
checking for zlib.h... no
checking whether -lm is needed to use C math functions... no
checking whether -lsocket is needed... no
checking whether -lnsl is needed... no
checking for MySQL library directory... /usr/lib
checking for MySQL include directory... /usr/include/mysql
checking for mysql_store_result in -lmysqlclient... yes
checking for level argument to mysql_shutdown()... yes
checking for mysql_ssl_set in -lmysqlclient... yes
checking for main in -lintl... no
checking for STL slist extension... <ext/slist>, namespace __gnu_cxx
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating lib/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/Makefile
config.status: creating mysql++.spec
config.status: creating lib/Doxyfile
config.status: creating lib/mysql++.h
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
[root@rusty mysql++-2.1.1]# make
(cd lib && make all)
make[1]: Entering directory `/projects/downloads/mysql++/mysql++-2.1.1/lib'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/projects/downloads/mysql++/mysql++-2.1.1/lib'
(cd examples && make all)
make[1]: Entering directory `/projects/downloads/mysql++/mysql++-2.1.1
/examples'
.././bk-deps g++ -c -o util_util.o -I../lib      -I/usr/include/mysql -g -O2
./util.cpp
rm -f libmysqlpp_util.a
ar rcu libmysqlpp_util.a util_util.o
ranlib libmysqlpp_util.a
.././bk-deps g++ -c -o resetdb_resetdb.o -I../lib      -I/usr/include/mysql
-g -O2 ./resetdb.cpp
g++ -o resetdb resetdb_resetdb.o  -L.     -L../lib  -lmysqlpp_util
-lmysqlclient -lmysqlpp -lz
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [resetdb] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/projects/downloads/mysql++/mysql++-2.1.1
/examples'
make: *** [examples] Error 2
[root@rusty mysql++-2.1.1]#