List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 1 2007 11:55pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Server 5.0.46 Package down not seem come with [ mysqlclient
]
View as plain text
Zeddy Chirombe wrote:

> I have just installed  MySQL Server 5.0.46 successfully, when I tried to
> config mysql++, it failed with this
> ------------
> checking for MySQL library directory... configure: error: Didn't find
> mysqlclient library in '/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql /usr/local/lib/mysql
> /opt/mysql/lib/mysql /usr/lib/mysql /usr/local/mysql/lib /usr/local/lib
> /opt/mysql/lib /usr/lib'

This message can mean more than it says.  What it really means is that
the attempt to link a trivial program to the library failed.  It can be
that the library is indeed not there, but it can also mean it failed for
some other reason.  On Solaris, for instance, we used to get this
because of a need for -lm in addition to -lmysqlclient.  You'll need to
study config.log to find out what's really going on.  (Or post it here
for someone else to study.)

On an RPM based system, this command may prove enlightening:

	rpm -ql MySQL-devel-standard | grep libmysqlclient

Other package-based installs should have a similar query command.
(fink, apt...)

> [  ldd mysql ]  does not list mysqlclient.

Red herring...it's statically linked to the C API library.
Thread
MySQL Server 5.0.46 Package down not seem come with [ mysqlclient ]Zeddy Chirombe1 Aug
  • Re: MySQL Server 5.0.46 Package down not seem come with [ mysqlclient]Warren Young2 Aug