List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 31 2007 3:29am
Subject:Re: Do C++ wrapper for the MySQL C API (MySQL++) support 64 bit Windows
Vista?
View as plain text
alok som wrote:
> Can you please tell will it support 64 bit Microsoft  vista.

*Shrug*  I don't know anyone who's tried it, but I don't see any
technical reason why it can't work.  Since there are no official MySQL++
binaries for Windows, you'll be building the library from source, so it
should all be up to the compiler to ensure that it builds correctly for
Vista x64.  You'll probably have to change some project settings to make
it target the AMD64 instruction set instead of the x86 instruction set,
but having done that it should work fine.  You'll have to be sure to
link to an AMD64 version of the MySQL C API library, of course,

If it doesn't, a report would be appreciated.

> If not can anybody suggest me some other wrapper for  MySQL C APIs

Interesting question.

I'm not actually aware of any other object-oriented C++ wrapper for
MySQL++ that's still actively maintained.  I know of one that's been
abandoned, and there's the ridiculous number of Microsoft APIs (ADO,
RDO, ODBC...) that all seem to be moribund since the release of .NET.  I
guess you could use Connector/NET from C++/CLI, but that's not quite fair.

If there are any pure C++ MySQL C API wrappers that are under active
development, I'd like to know about them.
Thread
Do C++ wrapper for the MySQL C API (MySQL++) support 64 bit Windows Vista?alok som30 Jul
  • Re: Do C++ wrapper for the MySQL C API (MySQL++) support 64 bit WindowsVista?Warren Young31 Jul