List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 20 2007 1:20pm
Subject:Re: v3 development plan
View as plain text
Joel Fielder wrote:

> I'd like the get the row["whatever"] interface without
> pulling in mysql.h.

So this is database independence again, then.

I think you might be putting too much hope in the fact that this is in
the Maybe section of the v3 Wishlist.  The only reason it's there is
because it *could* happen, not because I actually expect to try and do
it.  If someone else did it, and I liked what they did, v3 would be a
fine time to fold that into the library.  If it's up to me, though, I
highly doubt it'll happen for v3.  It's not that I don't want to do it,
it's that I don't want to hold up v3 long enough to take the time it'd
require.  If it's entirely up to me, my guess is that this will end up
being the main focus of v4.

More generally: I'm not going to do *anything* in the Maybe section
until everything in the For-Sure section is either finished or
reassigned.  If you're looking for a project and don't want to risk
duplicating work I'm already doing, you should certainly pick from the
items in the Maybe section.
Thread
Connection class reorg in a testable stateWarren Young18 Jul
  • RE: Connection class reorg in a testable stateJoel Fielder18 Jul
    • Re: Connection class reorg in a testable stateWarren Young18 Jul
      • RE: Connection class reorg in a testable stateJoel Fielder19 Jul
        • Re: Connection class reorg in a testable stateWarren Young20 Jul
          • RE: Connection class reorg in a testable stateJoel Fielder20 Jul
            • Re: v3 development planWarren Young20 Jul
          • RE: Connection class reorg in a testable stateJoel Fielder20 Jul