List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 16 2007 2:35pm
Subject:Re: Weird parsing of templated query
View as plain text
Steven Van Ingelgem wrote:
> It would be ok however if I could pass a vector<SQLString>. But not
> entirely
> happy with it... Because I would like to use also named templated values.
> And what if I want to bind parameters not in a logical order?

I've got it: you want to call the execute(SQLQueryParams&) et al.
overloads.  They're not documented, but they're trivial; just look at
them in lib/query.cpp.

They're removed right now in svn, but I can see that we're just trying
to reinvent the need for them.  I guess I'll just put them back.
Meanwhile, use them in good health.

> Maybe you could add some feature for MySQL 5+ (prepared statements are
> possible from then right?) where you could build a prepared statement?

This is orthogonal to the current discussion.  It's already on the
Wishlist, but even if it existed now, it wouldn't solve your problem.
Thread
Weird parsing of templated querySteven Van Ingelgem14 Jul
  • Re: Weird parsing of templated queryAndrew Sayers14 Jul
  • Re: Weird parsing of templated queryWarren Young16 Jul
    • Re: Weird parsing of templated querySteven Van Ingelgem16 Jul
      • Re: Weird parsing of templated queryWarren Young16 Jul
        • Re: Weird parsing of templated querySteven Van Ingelgem16 Jul
          • Re: Weird parsing of templated queryWarren Young16 Jul
            • Re: Weird parsing of templated querySteven Van Ingelgem16 Jul
              • Re: Weird parsing of templated queryWarren Young16 Jul
                • Re: Weird parsing of templated querySteven Van Ingelgem16 Jul
Re: Weird parsing of templated queryroberto previdi16 Jul