List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 16 2007 12:43pm
Subject:Re: parameters problem
View as plain text
roberto previdi wrote:
> I admit that i am one of the query.def abusers :)

Father Warren has heard your confession, and bids you go and say three
Hail Linuses.  Go forth and sin no more, my child.

> The problem is that my query is dynamically generated,

Please post an example of the sort of thing you're generating.  I
suspect you might have just picked up a hammer, and all problems are
looking like nails to you right now.

> I would need something like
> putting all the (parameter,value) couples in a vector or some dynamic
> structure and pass it to the query object..

Would it be enough if one of the overloads for these query execution
methods took a vector of string?  Or maybe a map of string to string?

Even if the answer is "yes", I'd still like to know how you're trying to
use this feature.  I have a deep suspicion that any attempt to create
dynamic templates is wrong-headed.  The whole idea of a "template" is
that you have to know the parameters of the problem up front.
Thread
parameters problemroberto previdi16 Jul
  • Re: parameters problemWarren Young16 Jul
Re: parameters problemroberto previdi16 Jul
  • Re: parameters problemSteven Van Ingelgem16 Jul