List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steven Van Ingelgem Date:July 16 2007 12:38pm
Subject:Re: Weird parsing of templated query
View as plain text
Hi Warren.

Basically I made a wrapper around the mysqlpp library.

People can say like:

DatabasePtr->preparestatement( "SELECT * FROM %0 WHERE %1=%2q;" );
(I don't know how many parameters there are here!, this is all client
sided).
+--> this calls query << "passed query"; query.parse();

PrepSttPtr->bindParam( <position|name>, value );
+--> this calls query.def[ <position|name> ] = value;

PrepSttPtr->fetch()/runQuery()
+--> this calls store/execute

As you can see, people can enter their own queries, and pass their own
parameters. They can even re-use the preparedstatement, only re-binding the
changed parameters (for example a big update).

This worked untill lately I upgraded to v 232. In this version I don't find
a way to (without a hack) make it work again.

I fixed it by adding in query.cpp at the very last line of the proc()
function: "p.processing_ = false;"

processing_ is defined as "has been processed"... So, after going through
the proc() function it has been processed...

Works like a charm until now for me (both for non templated queries, updates
deletes, 1 function templates, ...)

Hope this clarifies my situation.

Greetings,
Steven

> Steven Van Ingelgem wrote:
> >
> > I don't know how many parameters will need to be entered before...
>
> You need to know that before you can construct the template.  Query::def
> doesn't solve that for you.
>
> Maybe you should give some examples of the kind of queries you would
> like to construct, and say how you think the library should support
> their creation.  Development work on v3 has just started; there's no
> more opportune time to get a good hearing for feature requests than
> right now.

Weird parsing of templated querySteven Van Ingelgem14 Jul
  • Re: Weird parsing of templated queryAndrew Sayers14 Jul
  • Re: Weird parsing of templated queryWarren Young16 Jul
    • Re: Weird parsing of templated querySteven Van Ingelgem16 Jul
      • Re: Weird parsing of templated queryWarren Young16 Jul
        • Re: Weird parsing of templated querySteven Van Ingelgem16 Jul
          • Re: Weird parsing of templated queryWarren Young16 Jul
            • Re: Weird parsing of templated querySteven Van Ingelgem16 Jul
              • Re: Weird parsing of templated queryWarren Young16 Jul
                • Re: Weird parsing of templated querySteven Van Ingelgem16 Jul
Re: Weird parsing of templated queryroberto previdi16 Jul