List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 12 2007 10:41pm
Subject:Re: Problem compiling MySQL++ with MinGW
View as plain text
Janne Kätevä wrote:

> if exist libmysqlpp_util.a del libmysqlpp_util.a
> Syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting "then")
> mingw32-make: *** [libmysqlpp_util.a] Error 2

This suggests you're running make from within some sort of Unixy
environment (Cygwin or MSYS?), or that there is an "if" program in your
path.  You need to run it from a vanilla Windows cmd.exe shell to get
proper handling of the "if" statements in the Makefile.

> This command generates mysqlpp.dll file, but I don't think it works (I
> mean I don't know how to use/test it because the instruction doesn't say
> how to do that...).

Read README.examples
Thread
Problem compiling MySQL++ with MinGWJanne Kätevä12 Jul
  • Re: Problem compiling MySQL++ with MinGWWarren Young12 Jul
    • Re: Problem compiling MySQL++ with MinGWJanne Kätevä13 Jul