List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 11 2007 8:00pm
Subject:Re: gcc won't compile 2.3.1 with -Wall -Wextra -pedantic
View as plain text
Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 11/07/07, Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:
>> Andrew Sayers wrote:
>> > A stray comma means gcc won't compile 2.3.1 if you turn on the above
>> > flags (presumably it's just -pedantic that's complaining, but I'm not
>> > going to do a long series of tests for a typo).
>>
>> Wow, "pedantic" is right.  I looked in the standard, and it is indeed
>> not legal.  But, every compiler I've ever used understands it, and the
>> practice is widely recommended, as it helps prevent copy-paste errors.
>
> FWIW it's a C99 feature and is already included in the working paper for
> C++0x.

Thanks for the moral support.  I'm leaning toward just turning on an
STFU pragma around that code.
Thread
gcc won't compile 2.3.1 with -Wall -Wextra -pedanticAndrew Sayers11 Jul
  • Re: gcc won't compile 2.3.1 with -Wall -Wextra -pedanticWarren Young11 Jul
    • Re: gcc won't compile 2.3.1 with -Wall -Wextra -pedanticJonathan Wakely11 Jul