List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 9 2007 6:52pm
Subject:Re: MySQL include paths
View as plain text
Axel Howind wrote:

> Would a patch to the MySQL++ headers be accepted to include mysql
> headers in the <mysql/...> way?

I can't accept your simple patch, because it will only work on systems
where the MySQL headers are installed under some other directory,
especially a standard system include directory.  This is common on *ix
systems, but isn't guaranteed, and it's totally wrong on Windows.

Your concern is valid, and I wonder if we can't fix it with just a
little more cleverness.  Something like this:

#if defined(MYSQLPP_MYSQL_HEADERS_BURIED) && \
          !defined(MYSQLPP_PLATFORM_WINDOWS)
#    include <mysql/mysql.h>
#else
#    include <mysql.h>
#endif

Someone in your position who wants this feature and knows that their
headers are organized in this way can define the macro to turn it on.
It must be optional.

Is this alternative acceptable?

> Some programs makefiles (or MSdev-settings) would possibly have to be
> changed if mysql headers are installed in nonstandard locations.

On Windows, the standard path is

     c:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server x.y\include

You simply can't do it your way and have it work on Windows.  The scheme
is just far too different.
Thread
MySQL include pathsAxel Howind8 Jul
  • Re: MySQL include pathsRemi Collet9 Jul
  • Re: MySQL include pathsWarren Young9 Jul
    • Re: MySQL include pathsWarren Young10 Jul
      • Re: MySQL include pathsAxel Howind10 Jul