List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ernest Bori Date:July 6 2007 12:27pm
Subject:Re: release 2.3.0 - memory leaks with mfc
View as plain text
> In my experience, most "memory leaks" detected by Visual Studio are
> harmless.  They're usually some block of memory grabbed just once by the
> program at startup, and never formally released.  There's no point in
> chasing these.  You'd have to add extra code to the library to allow for
> a formal shutdown, which would have no other effect than to make the
> leak checker happy.
> I could be wrong about this.  To find out, try changing the example to
> issue multiple queries, or change resetdb to insert more data.  If
> either of these things increases the size of the leak, it's probably
> something to worry about.  Otherwise, it's just the sort of static leak
> I describe above.

 Well, I've tried with a lot of queries, even with no line in the main body, and the
result is the
same leak memory blocks, so it seems you're right.

Ernest Bori

release 2.3.0 - memory leaks with mfcErnest Bori4 Jul
  • Re: release 2.3.0 - memory leaks with mfcWarren Young6 Jul
    • Re: release 2.3.0 - memory leaks with mfcErnest Bori6 Jul