List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ernest Bori Date:July 6 2007 12:27pm
Subject:Re: release 2.3.0 - memory leaks with mfc
View as plain text
> In my experience, most "memory leaks" detected by Visual Studio are
> harmless.  They're usually some block of memory grabbed just once by the
> program at startup, and never formally released.  There's no point in
> chasing these.  You'd have to add extra code to the library to allow for
> a formal shutdown, which would have no other effect than to make the
> leak checker happy.
>
> I could be wrong about this.  To find out, try changing the example to
> issue multiple queries, or change resetdb to insert more data.  If
> either of these things increases the size of the leak, it's probably
> something to worry about.  Otherwise, it's just the sort of static leak
> I describe above.

 Well, I've tried with a lot of queries, even with no line in the main body, and the
result is the
same leak memory blocks, so it seems you're right.

thanks

Ernest Bori

Thread
release 2.3.0 - memory leaks with mfcErnest Bori4 Jul
  • Re: release 2.3.0 - memory leaks with mfcWarren Young6 Jul
    • Re: release 2.3.0 - memory leaks with mfcErnest Bori6 Jul