List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Des Smith Date:July 4 2007 9:31am
Subject:Read / Write Query timeouts
View as plain text
I am using the set_option method on the Connection to set read/ write
and connect query timeouts.

I set these before I do the connect .

I'm also using the latest Mysql ++ which has a fix for pending options
to be applied before connection.

When I set the read query timeout to 1 second , I'm seeing the query
wait about 10 seconds before returning.

Similarly when I set the query timeout to 10 seconds I see it take about
3-40 seconds to return.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour. Is there an explanation for it?

Thanks

Des Smith

This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are intended solely
for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error
then please delete
 it and notify the sender.  Do not make a copy or forward it to anyone.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of
computer viruses.

Adaptive Mobile Security Ltd, Dublin Technology Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8, Ireland
Directors: B Collins, L Burke (UK), G. Maclachlan (UK). J. Ennis (UK)
Registered in Ireland, Company No. 370343, VAT Reg.No.IE63903430

Read / Write Query timeoutsDes Smith4 Jul
  • Re: Read / Write Query timeoutsWarren Young6 Jul