List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joel Fielder Date:July 3 2007 8:08am
Subject:RE: Building the mysql++ Library Using MinGW
View as plain text
Well coldata.cpp is the first .cpp file alphabetically so I'm betting
it's a general problem as opposed to something specific to that.

Are you invoking it from windows command line?  Try msys instead.

Personally I don't use the makefile since I build from SVN and that
doesn't have one, I just created a dev-c++ project and added all the
files in mysql++/lib to it, and project options as follows (replace
paths with your own obviously):

General -> Type -> Win32 DLL

Parameters -> Compiler and C++ compiler
-DMYSQLPP_MAKING_DLL=1
-mthreads
-Wall

Parameters -> Linker
--no-export-all-symbols --add-stdcall-alias
-mthreads
-lmysqlclient

Directories -> Library Directories
E:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\lib\opt

Directories -> Include Directories
E:\Development\Code\mysql++\lib
E:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\include

To build the examples, create a new project for each one.  For resetdb,
add resetdb.cpp and util.cpp to the project.  Project options are mostly
the same except the type is a console application, remove
"-DMYSQLPP_MAKING_DLL=1", add -lmysqlpp to linker options, add the
directory where you put mysqlpp.dll to library directories, add
mysql++\lib to include directories.  The others are all the same except
for the main source file.

Joel

Thread
Building the mysql++ Library Using MinGWMatthew Shea3 Jul
  • RE: Building the mysql++ Library Using MinGWJoel Fielder3 Jul
  • Re: Building the mysql++ Library Using MinGWWarren Young3 Jul
RE: Building the mysql++ Library Using MinGWJoel Fielder5 Jul
Re: Building the mysql++ Library Using MinGWWarren Young6 Jul