List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 27 2007 9:54pm
Subject:Re: cannot build simple1
View as plain text
Wynn Taylor wrote:

> It built w/o errors after moving some files into the include
> directory of the compiler.

You shouldn't have had to do that.  I presume you're talking about the
MySQL C API header files.  The project files are shipped with the
assumption that they are in a standard location, and the right version.
  If they aren't, you should either (re)install the right version in the
expected location, or change the include path within the project to
point to the right location.

This is all detailed in README.vc.

> I don't think it is finding the DLL.

That won't cause a build failure, it would cause a run-time failure.

> 1>Linking...
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall mysqlpp::Query::`vbase
> destructor'(void)" (__imp_??_DQuery@mysqlpp@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function
> _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual __thiscall
> mysqlpp::Result::~Result(void)" (__imp_??1Result@mysqlpp@@UAE@XZ)
> referenced
> in function _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: class std::basic_string<char,struct
> std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __thiscall
> mysqlpp::Query::error(void)" (__imp_?error@Query@mysqlpp@@

It's clear you haven't read README.vc.
Thread
cannot build simple1Wynn Taylor27 Jun
  • Re: cannot build simple1Wynn Taylor27 Jun
    • Re: cannot build simple1Warren Young27 Jun
  • Re: cannot build simple1Warren Young27 Jun
  • Borland c++ buildermosaed28 Jun
    • Re: Borland c++ builderWarren Young29 Jun
  • Re: Borland c++ buildermosaed29 Jun