List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wynn Taylor Date:June 27 2007 5:05pm
Subject:Re: cannot build simple1
View as plain text  
I added mysqlpp.lib and libmysql.lib to the liker input files, but it still
leaves on last error.

1>------ Build started: Project: test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl
connect_to_db(int,char * * const,class mysqlpp::Connection &,char const *)"
(?connect_to_db@@YA_NHQAPADAAVConnection@mysqlpp@@PBD@Z) referenced in
function _main
1>C:\Documents and Settings\wynn.t\My Documents\Visual Studio
2005\Projects\test\Debug\test.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\wynn.t\My
Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\test\test\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>test - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========


Anyone have any ideas?   If I added the mysqlpp.dll to the linker, VC tells
me it is corrupted. Even after rebuilding it.

Thanks,
Wynn



On 6/27/07, Wynn Taylor <wt76.whitelist@stripped> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> I downloaded and built mysql++ solution using VB++ Express. It built w/o
> errors after moving some files into the include directory of the compiler. I
> have attempted to build simple one but have had no success.
>
> I don't think it is finding the DLL. I have put it in several locations
> hoping that it would find it. I have tried the lib folder for the compiler,
> the windows system directory and the project directory.
>
> Here is a dump or the error log. Any Advice?
>
> -Wynn
>
> 1>------ Build started: Project: test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
> 1>Linking...
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall mysqlpp::Query::`vbase
> destructor'(void)" (__imp_??_DQuery@mysqlpp@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function
> _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual __thiscall
> mysqlpp::Result::~Result(void)" (__imp_??1Result@mysqlpp@@UAE@XZ)
> referenced in function _main
> 1> test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: class std::basic_string<char,struct
> std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __thiscall
> mysqlpp::Query::error(void)" (__imp_?error@ Query@mysqlpp@@
> QAE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@XZ)
> referenced in function _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall mysqlpp::ColData_Tmpl<class
> mysqlpp::const_string>::~ColData_Tmpl<class mysqlpp::const_string>(void)"
> (__imp_??1?$ColData_Tmpl@ Vconst_string@mysqlpp@@@mysqlpp@@QAE@XZ)
> referenced in function _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) class std::basic_ostream<char,struct
> std::char_traits<char> > & __cdecl mysqlpp::operator<<(class
> std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &,class
> mysqlpp::ColData_Tmpl<class mysqlpp::const_string> const &)"
> (__imp_??6mysqlpp@@ YAAAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@
> AAV12@ABV?$ColData_Tmpl@Vconst_string@mysqlpp@@@0@@Z) referenced in
> function _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual class mysqlpp::ColData_Tmpl<class
> mysqlpp::const_string> const __thiscall mysqlpp::Row::at(unsigned int)const
> " (__imp_?at@ Row@mysqlpp@@UBE?BV?$ColData_Tmpl@Vconst_string@mysqlpp@@@
> 2@I@Z) referenced in function _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual __thiscall mysqlpp::Row::~Row(void)"
> (__imp_??1Row@mysqlpp@@ UAE@XZ) referenced in function _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall mysqlpp::Row::operator
> bool(void)const " (__imp_??BRow@mysqlpp@@QBE_NXZ) referenced in function
> _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: class mysqlpp::Row & __thiscall
> mysqlpp::Row::operator=(class mysqlpp::Row const &)" (__imp_??4Row@mysqlpp@@
> QAEAAV01@ABV01 @@Z) referenced in function _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual class mysqlpp::Row const __thiscall
> mysqlpp::Result::at(unsigned int)const " (__imp_?at@ Result@mysqlpp@@
> UBE?BVRow@2@I@Z) referenced in function _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall mysqlpp::Row::Row(void)"
> (__imp_??0Row@mysqlpp@@ QAE@XZ) referenced in function _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall mysqlpp::ResUse::operator
> bool(void)const " (__imp_??BResUse@mysqlpp@@QBE_NXZ) referenced in function
> _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: class mysqlpp::Result __thiscall
> mysqlpp::Query::store(void)" (__imp_?store@Query@mysqlpp@@QAE?AVResult@2@XZ)
> referenced in function _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: class mysqlpp::Query __thiscall
> mysqlpp::Connection::query(void)" (__imp_?query@Connection@mysqlpp@@
> QAE?AVQuery@2@XZ) referenced in function _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual __thiscall
> mysqlpp::Connection::~Connection(void)" (__imp_??1Connection@mysqlpp@@
> UAE@XZ) referenced in function _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl
> connect_to_db(int,char * * const,class mysqlpp::Connection &,char const *)"
> (?connect_to_db@@YA_NHQAPADAAVConnection@mysqlpp@@PBD@Z ) referenced in
> function _main
> 1>test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
> mysqlpp::Connection::Connection(bool)"
> (__imp_??0Connection@mysqlpp@@QAE@_N@Z) referenced in function _main
> 1>C:\Documents and Settings\wynn.t\My Documents\Visual Studio
> 2005\Projects\test\Debug\test.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 17 unresolved
> externals
> 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\wynn.t\My
> Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\test\test\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
> 1>test - 18 error(s), 0 warning(s)
> ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped
> ==========
>
>

Thread
cannot build simple1Wynn Taylor27 Jun
  • Re: cannot build simple1Wynn Taylor27 Jun
    • Re: cannot build simple1Warren Young27 Jun
  • Re: cannot build simple1Warren Young27 Jun
  • Borland c++ buildermosaed28 Jun
    • Re: Borland c++ builderWarren Young29 Jun
  • Re: Borland c++ buildermosaed29 Jun