List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 27 2007 4:39am
Subject:Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhost
View as plain text
Martin Persson wrote:

> I tried the mysql command line tool connects, I used
> it to set up the db I tried to connect to in my own
> code and to create the user that the example programs
> need. So I am pretty sure that the issue is related to
> my (as in peculiar to mine, rather than to mysql++ per
> se) mysql++ installation, but as a beginner it is hard
> for me to pinpoint the issue any further than that,
> though I wouldnt mind trying if you can point me to
> any other troubleshooting than the manuals. As said I
> can connect with the command line tool using a certain
> set of parameters, but not with mysql++.

Let's back up a bit here.

I went back to your original message, and you've really got two bug
reports, and we've only dealt with one of them.  That being, your
incorrect use of the brackets.  If you run the MySQL++ example programs,
correctly this time, do they work?

Your original message also had some of your own code in it.  I see some
things in it that are questionable, but I don't really want to debug
your code for you.  I want to convince you that your installation of
MySQL++ really does work, by showing you that the examples work.  If we
can get to that point, we can confidently deduce that your program does
indeed have problems without actually going to the work of debugging it.
  All you have to do then is emulate the examples more closely.

> I think I'll try my luck with the C API during the
> weekend. I assume it should produce similar errors
> given that mysql++ is built on top of it?

Not necessarily.  MySQL++ does supplement some of the error messages,
and there isn't really a common pattern to it.
Thread
Unable to connect to db server on localhostMartin Persson21 Jun
  • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostWarren Young21 Jun
    • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostWarren Young21 Jun
    • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostWarren Young21 Jun
      • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostMartin Persson21 Jun
        • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostWarren Young23 Jun
          • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostMartin Persson26 Jun
            • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostWarren Young27 Jun