List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Persson Date:June 26 2007 8:34pm
Subject:Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhost
View as plain text
--- Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:

> Martin Persson wrote:
> > my connection failure unfortunately persists
> irregardless of brackets:(
>
> Try connecting with some other tool.  I would
> suggest either the mysql
> command line tool, or the MySQL Administrator GUI.
> I suspect you'll
> find that they don't connect either, which would
> indicate a database
> configuration error, not a MySQL++ problem.  If
> MySQL++ were the
> problem, a lot more users would be complaining about
> it not working.

I tried the mysql command line tool connects, I used
it to set up the db I tried to connect to in my own
code and to create the user that the example programs
need. So I am pretty sure that the issue is related to
my (as in peculiar to mine, rather than to mysql++ per
se) mysql++ installation, but as a beginner it is hard
for me to pinpoint the issue any further than that,
though I wouldnt mind trying if you can point me to
any other troubleshooting than the manuals. As said I
can connect with the command line tool using a certain
set of parameters, but not with mysql++.

I think I'll try my luck with the C API during the
weekend. I assume it should produce similar errors
given that mysql++ is built on top of it?

Regards
Martin

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail
Thread
Unable to connect to db server on localhostMartin Persson21 Jun
  • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostWarren Young21 Jun
    • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostWarren Young21 Jun
    • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostWarren Young21 Jun
      • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostMartin Persson21 Jun
        • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostWarren Young23 Jun
          • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostMartin Persson26 Jun
            • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostWarren Young27 Jun