List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 26 2007 12:08am
Subject:Re: Recent changes to coldata.h
View as plain text
Joel Fielder wrote:
> Just a quick one! Rebuilding (on mingw) from SVN after the recent wad of
> changes:

Thanks for checking!  I'd begun to think I'd never hear about MinGW
breakages until after a release...

> lib/coldata.h:177: error: there are no arguments to `data' that depend
> on a template parameter, so a declaration of `data' must be available
> lib/coldata.h:328: error: there are no arguments to `data' that depend
> on a template parameter, so a declaration of `data' must be available
> lib/coldata.h:328: error: there are no arguments to `length' that depend
> on a template parameter, so a declaration of `length' must be available
>
> Just needs Str::data() and Str::length() respectively.

That's weak....I wonder why we don't hear about this problem on other
GCCs?  The standard CentOS builds use versions bracketing the official
MinGW version.  I guess it was just a temporary breakdown in the
compiler's understanding of the language, and everyone else is past it now.

With MinGW seeming to stagnate, I wonder if using Cygwin's gcc with
--mno-cygwin is a better option?
Thread
Recent changes to coldata.hJoel Fielder25 Jun
  • Re: Recent changes to coldata.hWarren Young26 Jun
    • RE: Recent changes to coldata.hJoel Fielder26 Jun
      • Recent change to custom.pl breaks examples on mingwJoel Fielder26 Jun
        • Re: Recent change to custom.pl breaks examples on mingwWarren Young27 Jun
        • RE: Recent change to custom.pl breaks examples on mingwYuantu.Huang27 Jun