List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 25 2007 10:48pm
Subject:Re: Cannot use query timeout feature
View as plain text
Cezar Manole wrote:
> The problem is that after
> calling set_option() and connect() we caught a mysqlpp::Exception that
> contains the message: "option 11 requires an argument of type 2".

First, are you certain that the exception isn't happening until after
connect()?  As of 17:46 GMT on Friday, set_option() takes effect
immediately, instead of waiting until the connection establishment
sequence.  If you checked out the code before Friday afternoon, try it
again...things are quite a bit different now.

If that's not it, then I'd bet you're using MySQL development files
older than 4.1.1.  That's the version that introduced the option.
MySQL++ doesn't hide the option when built against an old version.
(Maybe it should.)  Using an unsupported option just causes a run-time
error.
Thread
Cannot use query timeout featureCezar Manole25 Jun
  • Re: Cannot use query timeout featureWarren Young25 Jun