List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Cezar Manole Date:June 25 2007 2:22pm
Subject:Cannot use query timeout feature
View as plain text
We want to produce a mysqlpp build containing the query timeout fix.
That's why we downloaded the latest sources from mysqlpp repository and
copied the files connection.h, connection.cpp (they are supposed to
contain that fix) over mysql++-2.2.3. Then we rebuilt mysql++-2.2.3 and
used the new library libmysqlpp.so.2.2.3. The problem is that after
calling set_option() and connect() we caught a mysqlpp::Exception that
contains the message: "option 11 requires an argument of type 2". Our
sequence of code is:

                        mysqlpp::Connection* connection = 0;

                        try

                        {

                                    connection = new
mysqlpp::Connection(use_exceptions);

connection->set_option(mysqlpp::Connection::opt_read_timeout ,(unsigned
int)10);

connection->connect(m_database.c_str(),m_server.c_str(),m_user.c_str(),m
_password.c_str(),m_port);

                        }

                        catch(const mysqlpp::Exception& ex)

                        {

                                    cout << ex.what());

                        }

So how can we beneficiate of the mysqlpp query timeout fix ?

Thanks,

Cezar

This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are intended solely
for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error
then please delete
 it and notify the sender.  Do not make a copy or forward it to anyone.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of
computer viruses.

Adaptive Mobile Security Ltd, Dublin Technology Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8, Ireland
Directors: B Collins, L Burke (UK), G. Maclachlan (UK). J. Ennis (UK)
Registered in Ireland, Company No. 370343, VAT Reg.No.IE63903430

Cannot use query timeout featureCezar Manole25 Jun
  • Re: Cannot use query timeout featureWarren Young25 Jun