List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Persson Date:June 21 2007 6:34pm
Subject:Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhost
View as plain text
--- Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:

> Warren Young wrote:
> >
> > How many projects that have a Unixy build system
> can you name that do do
> > this?  I can't think of any.  Even if there are
> some, they're certainly
> > quite rare, which makes me wonder how you have
> come by the expectation
> > that this should be automatic.
>
> Okay, I see now.  I fixed install.bat, and see how
> it lead you to that
> expectation.  I think it may indeed have once built
> both a debug and
> release version, but it certainly doesn't now.  As I
> said in the
> for it to do that, so
> I just removed any special handling of release
> versions from
> install.bat.  Sorry for the confusion.

No problem. You are right in that the contents of the
files are what shaped my first inquiry, and it did
seem like a version slip between the various files
would be the most likely reason for the incosistency,
but I thought it could be worth it to bring the matter
to the attention of the powers.. At least I now know
for sure that mysql++ was built fine.

> > C:\mysql++>resetdb [localhost [dba [dba[]]]]
>
> Brackets denote optional parameters.  Nesting
> denotes position-sensitive
> parameters.  Thus, "[host [user [pass]]]" means that
> all three are
> optional, and if you want to give "user", you must
> give "host" first.
>
> This is *very* common notation.  The fact that you
> don't recognize it
> means you need to do a lot of catching up.

I'm aware that I have quite a bit of catching up to
do:-), I just pasted the call from the help page
thinking that the brackets wouldnt do anything extra
in the cmd prompt. I knew that I would have to specify
all three since I'd need to specify something other
than the default user. And my connection failure
unfortunately persists irregardless of brackets:(

Regards
Martin

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories
at Yahoo! Games.
http://sims.yahoo.com/
Thread
Unable to connect to db server on localhostMartin Persson21 Jun
  • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostWarren Young21 Jun
    • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostWarren Young21 Jun
    • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostWarren Young21 Jun
      • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostMartin Persson21 Jun
        • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostWarren Young23 Jun
          • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostMartin Persson26 Jun
            • Re: Unable to connect to db server on localhostWarren Young27 Jun