List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 20 2007 1:28pm
Subject:Re: Passing functors into query
View as plain text
Joel Fielder wrote:
> Ah, ok, no idea why that should be

Like I said, I suspect that the MySQL mailing lists are configured to do
that.  Probably to cut down on the worse effects of spam or something
like that.  I speculate because I don't have admin access to this list
even though I run the project.  The list still belongs to MySQL, Inc.

> http://gna.org/support/download.php?file_id=2463 is the file.

Got it, though you really should have used a bug tracker entry instead:

	https://gna.org/bugs/?group=mysqlpp

That gives it a visible placeholder in case I don't get to it immediately.

As for the code, the basic idea is okay, but it's too complex for an
example.  Also, I believe that if a properly descriptive name for a
thing contains "and", it's a sign of a bad design: you haven't factored
it correctly if it's doing two separate things.  I reworked your code to
just collect statistics, which fixes both problems.

Although you have to squint to see the resemblance between this new
example and your conception of it, please understand that it was still
valuable.  Criticizing and fiddling with someone's code is easier than
starting from scratch, so your contribution did help.
Thread
Passing functors into queryJoel Fielder13 Apr
  • Re: Passing functors into queryWarren Young19 Jun
    • RE: Passing functors into queryJoel Fielder19 Jun
      • Re: Passing functors into queryWarren Young19 Jun
        • RE: Passing functors into queryJoel Fielder19 Jun
          • Re: Passing functors into queryWarren Young20 Jun
            • RE: Passing functors into queryJoel Fielder20 Jun
              • Re: Passing functors into queryWarren Young20 Jun
                • RE: Passing functors into queryJoel Fielder21 Jun