List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 6 2007 8:52pm
Subject:Re: Fatal Error C1083 Cannot open Include file 'mysql_version.h'
View as plain text
Jitesh Shetty wrote:
> I have installed the database at the same location as mentioned in the
> readme.vc, but I have not installed the source of MySQL, Do I need to
> install the source too ?

No, you need to install the development files.  The packagers at MySQL,
Inc. keep changing this, so I can't say for certain, but at times the
development files have been optional.  mysql_version.h is one of those
files, and it should live in the 'include' directory underneath MySQL's
Program Files subdirectory.  That's where the distributed project files
are set to look.

Also note that the version number matters: we ship assuming MySQL 5.0,
but if you have 5.1, you'll have to change the project files.  Again,
read README.vc.
Thread
Fatal Error C1083 Cannot open Include file 'mysql_version.h'Jitesh Shetty6 Jun
  • Re: Fatal Error C1083 Cannot open Include file 'mysql_version.h'Warren Young6 Jun
    • Re: Fatal Error C1083 Cannot open Include file 'mysql_version.h'Jitesh Shetty6 Jun
      • Re: Fatal Error C1083 Cannot open Include file 'mysql_version.h'Warren Young6 Jun