List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manuel Jung Date:June 5 2007 10:52am
Subject:Stay connected with DB
View as plain text
Hi,

My application should stay connected with the Mysql Server or reconnected on
diconnect. It stays connected for a day or so, but always after a night
(where probably not querys where started) the connections are lost.
Im trying to use Connection::ping for possibly reconnect, before i start
some MySQL Work, but it doesn't help. I also create a new query object
after pinging. (Query objects are just alive for a short time in my
application).

What is the preferred solution to keep connections alive or reconnect them
automaticly?

Kind Regards
Manuel Jung
Thread
Stay connected with DBManuel Jung5 Jun
  • RE: Stay connected with DBJim Wallace5 Jun
    • RE: Stay connected with DBgary clark5 Jun
      • Re: Stay connected with DBWarren Young5 Jun
        • Re: Stay connected with DBgary clark5 Jun
  • RE: Stay connected with DBManuel Jung5 Jun
  • Re: Stay connected with DBWarren Young5 Jun
    • RE: Stay connected with DBreid.madsen5 Jun
      • Re: Stay connected with DBWarren Young5 Jun
        • Re: Stay connected with DBWarren Young5 Jun
        • RE: Stay connected with DBreid.madsen5 Jun
  • RE: Stay connected with DBManuel Jung6 Jun